Thread: Amiga Vs ST
View Single Post
Old 11 September 2009, 00:41   #306
Ahle2

Quote:
It drops frames but it drops frames on the 500 too from memory. I don't think I ever saw it drop four frames tho. The blitter on the STE is fast enough to mask about 1/3rd of the screen at 50 hz. Runs like a dog on an ST. Nice game on the 1200.
Frank
Believe me i played both the STe version and the Amiga version last week on real hardware just for comparison. There is a HUUUUGE difference in smoothnes when there is much going on at the same time. I'm not just saying that because i feel like making people angry at me. See a side by side comparison on real hardware and then come back and say that the STe version i smooth

The standard ST version is almost unplayable slow... The STe version is FAAR superior to that though.

Quote:
There shouldn't be a "war" in 2009 at all. I can't be the only person in the world who likes and owns both Amigas and STs. The retro gamers/coders etc should stick together and not try and alienate people from either scene. It's not as if there's new Amiga/ST users popping up every few days now.
I own and loves both machines... The Atari was my first computer experience(in 1988?) and will forever have a special place in my heart.
Then i bought an Amiga 500(1990) and i couldn't believe the difference when i first saw SOTB.

Page generated in 0.05196 seconds with 9 queries