View Single Post
Old 07 September 2009, 17:47   #39
Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
I turned to the darkside, and went with D-fend reloaded as my main frontend.

I have a few little quibbles with it, one of them being the games list looks a bit muddy at first, until you fix it by going into the options, in advanced mode and the other, still looking at the games list, is having those generic values in each field, until they are set manually.

I had sent some advice on a French web site as to use CVS versions of DOSBox with Dungeon Master II and Grand Prix II, I guess I'll have to edit them when they get published, because those games play fine with D-fend as a frontend and DOSBox v0.73.

If you ask me, I think Erik somehow wasted an opportunity, in between D-Fend dismise and the first Reloaded release, from his own words, he was a bit behind times in terms of DOG's dev. schedule, and the latter could have barked much louder !

Here is an interview with the creators of DOSBox, of concern with v0.73. There's much restrain in their thoughts and POVs, and except a few insights about the main improvements, I found it a bit like lackluster but still, it's good to know these guys aren't terribly concerned about DOSBox commercial misuse.

Last edited by NewDeli; 07 September 2009 at 17:56.
Page generated in 0.08013 seconds with 9 queries