View Single Post
Old 05 September 2009, 11:10   #74
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaByte View Post
Cool - now we're getting somewhere. With the latest code the shell doesn't freeze up when trying to type something when I add "init=/bin/sh" to the kernel command line for Sarge. Without it I get an "illegal instruction" somewhere in the init script. Will have to pinpoint that tomorrow. Etch and Sid still don't make it to the initrd. If I recall correctly, you get the bogl stuff when you don't supply "debian-installer/framebuffer=false" at the kernel command line (for Sarge). Are you using the StartInstall script or do you call amiboot by hand?
I used script that came with installation package which didn't come with that parameter. I added it, no change. Must be some bug as usual, unfortunately Linux userspace programs seems to generate huge amount of bus errors which makes finding that single non-working one very boring... (and user space MMU mapping is continuously changing which makes finding correct physical address even more annoying..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
Toni whats better with MMU support ? or what comes with MMU support ?
It is only (possibly) useful if you are programmer or want to play with Linux (or other Unix based stuff). Just ignore it. Completely.

Page generated in 0.04502 seconds with 11 queries