View Single Post
Old 31 August 2009, 22:27   #44
ATX - For Fun Not Status
Agree about Windows. There are some impressive demos out there, but they tend to be very design led. And, as you say, forget hitting the hardware directly.

The Pandora looks very impressive indeed. I dearly hope it gets some market traction and doesn't go the way of many cool devices that came before it. Byterapers have already put a demo together on the hardware platform it'll be using, so that's an awesome sign that there may be a scene.

What I was alluding to was that we all got into the scene from being able to be creative on the hardware that we had. I remember seeing my first crack intro and thinking 'I want to be a part of that' [the scene]. How is your average 15 year old kid going to do that with their Xbox or PS3? With the old platforms, we had nearly everything we needed to be creative given to us when we purchased the machine. Or, at least, we didn't have to pay a huge chunk of money for a development environment. How many of us learned BASIC as a first language, for example? Or had an obscene amount of fun with DPaint when they found it bundled with their Amiga? Those days have been gone for a long time.

But the Pandora has given me some hope that things might change. I certainly hope so. The device just needs to be a success. And it will be interesting to see what happens on the iPhone, Andriod devices e.t.c. There's a lot of potential there.

The Internet scares me. It pays my wages, gives me entertainment and imparts knowledge upon me. I feel like I am now sucking at the teat of technology
Page generated in 0.05076 seconds with 9 queries