View Single Post
Old 30 August 2009, 08:10   #2
Cammy

Hey there PK! I know where Maine is, it's one of the places you visit in this great Amiga game - http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/scre...avidson_04.png

It's great to have you back in the scene, you've got the best all-round Amiga to do it with, that's for sure.

Remember when you're firing up the A1200 to make sure not to unplug or plug any peripherals while it's turned on, as it causes one of the most common problems with old Amigas these days, and that's the audio capacitors fizzle and leak.

I guess the easiest way to get the software off of your A1200 and onto a PC to use through UAE is to download some ADF software from Aminet like TransADF. Put it on a PC 720k DD floppy disk and run the program on your A1200. This will let you change all those old disks into images to use with UAE. Then you will have to compress them again with LHA or ZIP to make them small enough to fit on a 720k disk for transport back to the PC. A better way to do it would be to get a cheap PCMCIA card reader and a CF or SD card to transfer all the files with. I hope you can access your PCMCIA slot inside that tower.

Good luck with everything, and keep us posted on your progress so we can get you all set up!

Page generated in 0.08321 seconds with 9 queries