View Single Post
Old 28 August 2009, 12:10   #60
DH
Global Moderator

@Deli
Doesn't work, let's say if a mod's sole purpose was the OT section, he could be too busy regulating threads for submission to the OT section rather than checking what's actually being posted. For me doing this would spell disaster as members would probably decide not to bother as threads could take some time to be released.

@all
The OT section, imho, should of came with rules, that way everybody would understand where the limits were. I think that has caused so much pain in the last few days. Although some people would say "Rules are there to be broken", true, but it's better to have them than not at all. Think of driving, if there were no rules regarding driving, people would drive however they thought fit, more accidents would probably occur + deaths and everybody would blame everybody else for the failures that would occur. Something I think is sort of happening here, everyone is blaming everyone else for the outcome of OTS these last few days. The final stage would be to blame EAB itself for the failures rather than blame the members but ike Marco said "OT is everybody's responsibility" and I'll stand by that statement.

Stuff what anyone else thinks, I say the OT section should be moderated, but with a more lenient position than for the main board. The OT section should also have some general rules regarding the nature and content of threads/posts. I know it has the same rules as the main board but a few extra ones wouldn't harm but this seriously needs a debate imho. If a mod was present in the OT section then being lenient regarding it, is something that will take a while to develop but should and could work, if everyone gives the support.

I know some of you will say WTF! but how else are we going to get the OT section back in order and back to reasonable FUN. If it can't be moderated and rules applied then I say remove it altogether as I can't see how it would work otherwise. It *will* take a while for things to fall into place + members to trust the new system, but eventually it will hopefully suit all needs and become the fun and happy place it once was.

@Marco
I don't think it's about scrutinising everything that gets posted, it's about taking the edge off something that otherwise could get out of hand. If people know there is someone there to keep an eye on things, then some people would think twice about what they post or the QTY of repetitive pics they use. As I said earlier, the mod would have to be far more lenient than he/she would otherwise be for the main board.

God I could talk about this subject for hours, but I will save you lot the pain I just can't see how it could work otherwise.

Page generated in 0.04273 seconds with 11 queries