View Single Post
Old 28 August 2009, 00:52   #45
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
To finish off, for the record I don't want to get rid of the OT section. I do think it's a valuable place but there definitely needs to be a rethink about some of the current content allowed. Not sure how you'd achieve this though without stepping on anybodies toes and making certain people think that they are being censored / dictated to?
To make this very clear one more time, nobody wants to get rid of OT as a whole (at least nobody I'm aware of). This isn't about shutting down OT, quite the opposite, this is about making OT usable for everybody again.

As for stepping on toes, toes have been stepped on, on both sides, for a long time, it's too late to avoid toe stepping.

How are content restrictions "censorship"? Every site on the Internet has content restrictions (well, most, and feel free to go out and look at what becomes of those that don't). Again, I don't see how typing another URL to post or read about some specific subject (whatever it be) is such a major hardship. And once again, this isn't about taste, I wouldn't mind all this if it wasn't so disruptive (I say this to preempt more "just because you don't like it" blah blah, although I'm sure it'll be coming anyways, ah well), we're not talking about one or two threads here, we're talking about 95% (to go with DamienD's number, although I think it's a bit low) of all posts.

Page generated in 0.04346 seconds with 11 queries