View Single Post
Old 28 August 2009, 00:43   #44
DamienD
Banned

Guess I might as well add what I think about this issue... Very quickly, I'll snip some quotes from other people's replies in the various threads that I tend to agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
I was told a while back if I didnt like the content in OTS I should stay out of OTS. So I did. <snip>

<snip> why should I and others be kicked out because of the ghey, kissy, phun, half naked men spam.

I am not homophobic, I just didnt think it was funny at all. <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakus View Post
<snip> And I just don't get all the gay / ghey jokes over here, sometimes I think I've missed some inside gay reference joke. <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
<snip> I guess in the same way people couldnt overlook potatoes, I and others couldnt overlook the ghey spam. <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_AKA View Post
There used to be some half decent and interesting threads in the OT section as a whole until it got hidden away down the bottom there.

Since that happened it's been nothing but a shit storm of foul abuse and outright idiocy, which is one reason why I don't post allot nowadays.
To me the OT section was a place where people could post general stuff unrelated to the Amiga that doesn't belong in the main board. I used to hang out there all the time but got frustrated with it probably a year or so ago as IMHO it was going downhill very fast with all the gay, distasteful posts, name calling and meaningless carp.

Ok, sure I understand that everybody has different tastes but just can't get my head around how anybody can find this "fun". Anyway whatever, I've just ignored the section every since...

It's sad as I do miss popping in there to see who's birthday it is and to read other possibly interesting topics but unfortunately there's probably only 5% in there that I might find appealing.

I also must say that from a moderator's point of view it's an absolute nightmare. Like bippym, I don't really have the time or desire to moderate through such a section, I already have enough to do in my day after work. If only you guys could see all reported post that arise from this section.

To finish off, for the record I don't want to get rid of the OT section. I do think it's a valuable place but there definitely needs to be a rethink about some of the current content allowed. Not sure how you'd achieve this though without stepping on anybodies toes and making certain people think that they are being censored / dictated to?

Page generated in 0.10679 seconds with 11 queries