View Single Post
Old 12 August 2009, 15:05   #8
Jgames

I don't think it has to do with age ( i am 32 ), there are many good games back in the 8 bits and 16 bits systems, and there are many good games now also;
Back in the late 80's early 90's there was no emulators, and the collection of games one could play was small, (no goodsets or tosecs back then)
Now, there is an awful lot of new and old games, especially if you use a PC;
You can't enjoy 50.000 games, you'll enjoy only a hunderd for example, the same as things were before;
When i played in the arcades, there were like 50 arcade cabinets, and i remember only playing on 2 or 3 cabinets, why? because good games are rare, and i can only enjoy good games;
The same now, you have every months dozens of games, but how many games are good? maybe no one!, but still sometimes, you encounter a really good game, and you find yourself absorbed into playing again;

Another problem is the lack of artistic beauty in the games of late 90's till now, they tried movies in games, but this didn't work, we want hand drawed games;
That is, even if we could have real thing movie quality games, i will not like that, i would like to see red, blue and rainbow colours in the game, it has to be suspension of beleif;

Also, I think that, approaching the 40's, we could loose interest in gaming, and that's a good thing, we tend to care for other things in life, like take care of our family, children etc...

Page generated in 0.04204 seconds with 11 queries