View Single Post
Old 29 July 2009, 21:33   #52
pmc
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex
Question: What if I want to rotate around each axis at different 'speeds'...? (Yeah I know, spoiling all the fun this question is... ).
Not a bad question.

It can definitely be done, including with the optimised version of the routine. You'd just need to read in separate cos / sin numbers for the x, y & z angles. This would only affect the build matrix part of the code as this is the only part where differences in x, y & z angles have an effect on the calculations. Obviously, doing these angles separately would mean the current build matrix routine would need to be amended slightly and would probably get a little more complicated - but not too much.

The reason I used only one angle for x, y & z is mainly cos I just want a spinning cube and equal angles gives (I think...) a nice spin.

Quote:
Anyway, let me say I'm really impressed by what you've accomplished so far.
Cheers man, appreciated. To be honest I've really enjoyed doing this routine. I've done lots or reading, lots of pre-planning and lots of work with the debugger checking calculations. Plus this is really the first routine where I've done what I would consider 'real' optimisation. It's all kinda made me feel more like a proper coder.

Quote:
It's gonna be a very nice mega demo...
I hope so! Next up for this routine is to try to get hidden lines working I think - not sure if I'll succeed in that aim as I think it's gonna tax me pretty heavily but, as always, I'll enjoy the challenge!

Page generated in 0.04279 seconds with 10 queries