View Single Post
Old 29 July 2009, 18:51   #1
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Can anyone identify this RAM expansion board??

Hi all, i now have 2 x A500's up and running after i just fixed my very old A500 (one with GVP HD8+ and one basic 512k )... So i went on ebay looking for a good RAM expansion board for the newly fixed A500 and came across this....

The seller could not give a good description as he does not have an a500 to test it on, but i bought it anyway

I know it has got to be at least 1mb (the gary adapter and full set of RAM chips hints at this ) but i do not know the make/model of this particular board?? Does anyone have any ideas?
First thing i am going to do when i receive it is remove that dodgy big blue battery - It may have leaked already as i think i can see green on the legs of the top-right chip below the wires .

I had to buy it as it's not the most common of upgrades for a vanilla A500. Anyway a good clean up and hopefully it should be fine

EDIT: The seller has just confirmed there is absolutely no leakage I have also just pulled out the KS 1.2 roms from this old A500 as i have been told this board needs KS 1.3 roms to operate... which i also have! I still don't know who manufactured this board and what the memory size is

Last edited by PowerPie5000; 29 July 2009 at 19:30.

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 11 queries