View Single Post
Old 26 July 2002, 04:09   #1

Do you still use the Amiga for work?

Every month or so, I setup an installation in a popular nightclub of the BA night... I provide visuals to the place synchronized with the stuff the DJ is playing.

Anyway, last year when I worked at a studio doing this, we took a PC a couple VCRs, stuff like that. Tomorrow I'll have my first party of the year, but this time I go alone. I broke free from that fucking studio and I'm now free to do what I really want I always thought the show could be expanded greatly if I used some of my old computers...

I'm taking the PC, for this event known as "vector-pusher". It will be providing interactive media I created with Flash MX.
I'm also taking my A1200, temporarily nicknamed "pixel-pusher". It will be providing effects, animation and stuff created with it and all tracked with Videotracker.
And if the setup was complete, I would be taking a C64, that would be nicknamed "charset-pusher". I wanted to do some charset art but I didn't find a noter program appropriated enough for the task. At least not one that let me work as fast as I needed. perhaps next time.

The setup is completed with a camera providing live video feed, two mixers (Panasonic WJ MX50 and WJ MX12), 4 Sony projectors and 4 screens. All these unluckily not mine but rented, except for the cam.

Anyway, I'm using the Amiga for my work, I think it rocks, what I do with it on Videotracker cannot be done as easily on the PC, if at all. Besides, it's got that special oldschool feel . I also use it when I need to do pixel work. The pixel disks and drive on kiken corporation's website I created using DPIV AGA. For these events I surely could use one of those rack-mounted A1200s that Eyetech sells! But I'm piss poor I have to take a frigging air fan to cool the Amiga during the many hours the show lasts...

Anybody else uses the Amiga for his work today? Would be nice to hear other experiences!

Nothing Beats the Real Thing©!
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05428 seconds with 9 queries