View Single Post
Old 23 July 2009, 12:38   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I can tell you, as the owner of perhaps the first X-Surf in the UK, that they are a waste of money. (But despite what Loedown says they are not difficult to set up!)

Sorry but unless your goal is to get onto the internet with your Amiga and perform net activities such as FTP, Web browsing, eMail etc. then you should forget an X-Surf. (Forget it!)

If your goal is to transfer files from the PC to your Amiga quickly and easily then the best choice (for the Amiga 4000) is an IDE compact flash adapter (which will costs you a lowly £3). You can format your CF card in FAT and so it can be read directly in Windows with a USB card reader, and on your Amiga with the FAT95 filesystem driver. You can copy files, games etc. to the card, and transfer to the Amiga just by pluggin it in and switching on. It is fast, it is VERY cheap it is the best solution for transferring files to the Amiga 4000.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250354668696

I would say the same thing for the Amiga A2000 & A3000 but you need a ACard SCSI->IDE adapter too! (About £35)

If you want a CD/DVD ROM then I recommend that you get on ebay and look out for a Pioneer SCSI 303S. They come up fairly often, they are cheap (about £10-£30) and are the best drive you can get which will work natively on an Amiga SCSI card.

Last edited by alexh; 23 July 2009 at 12:46.

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 11 queries