View Single Post
Old 20 July 2009, 05:32   #19
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Here's part 5: "Apples & NeXT"

Mac SE in the corner running OS 6: (the black monolith is my "new" IBM server running BeOS and there's an awesome clicky 1984 IBM AT keyboard... more of that in part 6)

My latest acquisition - a free loaded Apple II Plus with floppy drive & joystick, internal modem, 80-column, lowercase text (wow...that's an addon??) with matching ugly Zenith monochrome; and a Mac Classic II (last of the B&W Macs) running OS 7.5.5. (...my A500 emulates 8.1, by the way)

Here's the NeXTstation, once proudly displayed, now "hiding in shame" under the Commodore desk. The harddrive died exactly one day after I managed to reset the login password and actually use it. Also under the desk "in shame" is a badly yellowed A4000 keyboard.

Edit: Before I rearranged things, I didn't have enough space so I stacked one Mac on top of the other... which I called my "Stackintosh". Thankfully, with my new arrangement, I no longer have to stack. (...which reminds me of a Monty Python sketch about "The Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things")

Last edited by mr_a500; 20 July 2009 at 05:49.

Page generated in 0.04805 seconds with 9 queries