View Single Post
Old 20 July 2009, 00:12   #1
hexaae
Bug hunter

Problems with IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and WUAE (wrong output)

Today I've updated my IDT High Definition Audio CODEC from 6.10.6017.13 to 6.10.6209.0 and I've found a problem only with WUAE.
I use the laptop in signature with internal speakers + 2 jack outputs for headphones. When I unplug the jack output the laptop automagically switches to internal speakers. I usually have my home stereo connected to the jack output so that sound is played through big external speakers.
With WUAE 1.6.1 I have these choices:

(Italian: cuffie = headphones; altoparlanti = speakers)

As you can see as default I've always used "Speakers and headphones with 2 channels" and everything worked as expected 'till now and I could play an MP3 with Windows Media Player + WUAE playing sounds on the same output (big external speakers, jack output).

After the last update to 6.10.6209.0 (WHQL) WUAE is the only program that forces output to internal (??) speakers-only if "Headphones with 2 independent channels" ("Cuffie a due canali indipendenti" as in figure) is set (it should use only headphones jack output!)! Notice that this happens if something else is also playing, for example WMP and you simultaneously run WUAE. If WUAE is running alone it's all right.
Instead I have to select "Speakers AND headphones with 2 channels..." (= "Altoparlanti e cuffie a due canali..." as in figure) to make it use jack output as usual... (which is correct as before, so nothing has changed for the other options).

Moreover if I just start WUAE, while loading and opening its GUI, audio is quickly switched from external speakers (jack output) -> internal laptop speakers (!?) -> external speakers again. This is quite annoying and strange...
Maybe something is broken in WUAE initializing sound output devices with special HW/software configs like IDT that can have many different output targets?

P.S.:
Sorry, I know it's more complicated to explain. Hope to have been clear enough.

Last edited by hexaae; 20 July 2009 at 01:10.

Page generated in 0.04943 seconds with 11 queries