View Single Post
Old 15 July 2009, 01:52   #20
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum112 View Post
Just to chime in here, sorry for hijacking your thread but I've something of an issue with SCART cables as well, mine works properly and image is displayed normally, but the colors are really weak and as if they lack vibrancy/saturation, not sure how to explain it. Also, when the floppy drive is accessing a disk, I can see the screen warping and shaking near the edges, every time the disk does a tick. Any idea what I should check?
Make sure there are no resistors in series with the Red, Green and Blue signals - this will give a picture with low maximum intensity - ie low contrast. Such resistors can be found in either the dsub or the scart connector - please consult pinouts in this thread for which pins to check for resistors on.

This is a common mistake, so I suspect there are some wrong instructions for building amiga scart cables floating around. This error is also very common on cables you buy from amiga stores unfortunately .

Also make sure your grounds are good - video and audio ground wired together into one wire for example is not a good solution. Atleast separate video and audio grounds. Preferrably all signals should have a separate ground, check the schema alexh posted for proper instructions how to wire the grounds.

Last edited by patrik; 15 July 2009 at 01:59.

Page generated in 0.07432 seconds with 10 queries