Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 09 July 2009, 11:16   #202
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-th View Post
If you want to spend your time on this, well, just go ahead and do it.
If I can have your code, I may have a look, else it's worthless.

Quote:
A release addressing all important issues will make them even happier.
But how long will they have to wait before ?

Quote:
As you said yourself, everyone has his/her own style of playing .
Sure

Quote:
If you read the manual, you know that cursed items exist, sure. But then you would also expect the "remove cursed item" part to work. But it doesn't. And that is the problem, not equipping a cursed item. If you go to a healer, the Snake Helmet will be destroyed reliably, but the character's stats won't be corrected which makes this useless. And the scroll/spell fucks everything up. All in all, BAD.
It's not worse than crashing the whole thing when you do a "SP-stealer" on a morag dragon...

Quote:
There is no German v1.07, remember. And v1.05 only after updating. If someone gets an original copy from eBay etc., they have v1.01 which is effected by the save/restore bug. And updates for games were quite rare back then, so I guess not many people look for one if they install the game today.
Quote:
Yeah, I had this one myself recently while testing something.
Did you fix it ?

Quote:
Which doesn't happen if people actually have the manual and look up the spell tables in the back to check out how many SLP one needs to learn spell X.

Strangely enough, while these tables are probably the most important info in the manual, all the electronic copies I've found so far either lack the spell tables completely or only have the healing spells in them...
When I attempt to learn the spell, Nelvin certainly has enough SLP, so this has nothing to see with the manual.

Anyway this is how the game works and it isn't very important to me.

Page generated in 0.05671 seconds with 9 queries