Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 08 July 2009, 22:27   #200
st-th
Bad Taste Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
You can't probably use the same binary, but you certainly can use the same source.
If you want to spend your time on this, well, just go ahead and do it.

Quote:
If it works, a pre-release can make people happy...
A release addressing all important issues will make them even happier.

Quote:
Can't you see them without equipping ? Isn't there an "eye" icon for that ?
As you said yourself, everyone has his/her own style of playing .

Quote:
First time I played it, I understood there are cursed items long before actually finding one - and was very surprised to find only one !
If you read the manual, you know that cursed items exist, sure. But then you would also expect the "remove cursed item" part to work. But it doesn't. And that is the problem, not equipping a cursed item. If you go to a healer, the Snake Helmet will be destroyed reliably, but the character's stats won't be corrected which makes this useless. And the scroll/spell fucks everything up. All in all, BAD.

Quote:
I'm using 1.07 and certainly won't try an old version !
There is no German v1.07, remember. And v1.05 only after updating. If someone gets an original copy from eBay etc., they have v1.01 which is effected by the save/restore bug. And updates for games were quite rare back then, so I guess not many people look for one if they install the game today.

Quote:
Anyway there is still a save-n-reload bug in the actual version. Just eject a team member, save, reload, and replace him...
Yeah, I had this one myself recently while testing something.

Quote:
They can also think "well, let's see if this will be enough points to learn that spell"...
Which doesn't happen if people actually have the manual and look up the spell tables in the back to check out how many SLP one needs to learn spell X.

Strangely enough, while these tables are probably the most important info in the manual, all the electronic copies I've found so far either lack the spell tables completely or only have the healing spells in them...

Page generated in 0.09063 seconds with 9 queries