Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 05 July 2009, 20:11   #198
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-th View Post
I already did all the necessary resourcing months ago when I started this project.

You can't sensibly use only one binary for all CPUs unless you ditch 68000/010 support (which I don't intend to do).
You can't probably use the same binary, but you certainly can use the same source.

Quote:
Part of my effort is a complete localization of the game (most of the strings need to be re-translated anyway). Once done, any version will be able to use the English v1.07 executables.

BTW, the patching mechanism supports all 6 executables, not just the two Am2_#? ones.

The way I do this is quite sensible if you look at the big picture. And it even works. Just wait and see...
If it works, a pre-release can make people happy...

Quote:
All the stuff I've done so far is thoroughly tested. Once released, you can send me your bug reports if you find something wrong with it.

Or were you talking about the game's original bugs?
I am talking of all possible bugs.

Quote:
Sure. But people can use them anyway, if they want. The auto de-runer is off by default and if people turn it on prematurely, it's their decision, like using the items from the box prematurely. And it's not that you run across many runes before visiting Spannenberg anyway, so no big deal even if it's turned on rightaway from the start. This is a total non-issue IMHO.
I still think it would be better to link them, but it's your project, not mine

Quote:
If you don't know that cursed items exist, equipping is quite the normal way to check out an item's damage and protection values.
Can't you see them without equipping ? Isn't there an "eye" icon for that ?

Quote:
New as in "playing Ambermoon for the first time" not "time spent playing Ambermoon" obviously.
First time I played it, I understood there are cursed items long before actually finding one - and was very surprised to find only one !

Quote:
That doesn't necessarily work reliably on German v1.01 due to its save/restore bug. And while v1.01 is "old", it's the only version put onto actual disks, AFAIK, so you might run into this problem if you have an original copy of the game and play it without updating to v1.05 first.
I'm using 1.07 and certainly won't try an old version !
Anyway there is still a save-n-reload bug in the actual version. Just eject a team member, save, reload, and replace him...

Quote:
Nelvin's initial set of spells is enough to deal with the bandits and orcs. Careful use of items (Fire Brand's fireballs) helps, too. But it's much easier with the lame spell, of course.
Enough, certainly. But I'm not the one to leave spells alone if I can use them !

Quote:
After which they hopefully look at their character's stats, check out the "reading magic" value and realize it's better to wait with learning new spells until the character is better at it.
They can also think "well, let's see if this will be enough points to learn that spell"...

Page generated in 0.10049 seconds with 9 queries