Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 29 June 2009, 07:59   #194
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-th View Post
Not at this time.
Why not ? Others can help you. If not with code itself, it's by testing.

Quote:
Cute idea, but not practical. Reading the rune alphabet doesn't set a status bit anywhere, so you'd not only have to inject code to notice its usage but also keep track of this externally.
So how do you activate your new feature ? Could be by reading the rune paper once again (instead of weird keyboard combination or something).

Quote:
All character stat errors (and there are quite a few) are easily correctable by editing the "AmberFiles/Save.00/Party_Char.amb" file.
I know, I did a few of them. But I was too lazy to fix them all

Quote:
Not if you play smart .
If you play smart, you look at the item characteristics before wearing something and a cursed item isn't a problem either

Quote:
Every magic-capable character can learn spells with 100% success rate eventually. Just learn about your items (i.e. identify them) and you'll find the ones which boost your "learning magic" skill. There are a total of 3 items which can boost that skill by +75 for all except warrior and thief (who both can't learn spells anyway), and by +100 for alchemist, mystic and mage. Add the characters' initial learning magic abilities and you get nearly 100% for all even quite early in the game. And after Burnville, learning spells shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
This is easy to do with the lich crown and a little training in Burnville.
But before that, Nelvin has non-0 risks of missing, and not only this destroys the scroll, but you'll also waste some SLP ! This forces to save-restore games for the first few spells (e.g. Lame) you try to learn (even though risk is low if you use the necromancer dagger).

Page generated in 0.05258 seconds with 9 queries