View Single Post
Old 22 June 2009, 12:15   #140
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
'99 ? There has been quite a few new versions of phxass since then !
Sure thing but my opinion didn't change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf
Just too bad. And of course all asm1 development was abandoned ?
Actually not. When Promax left the Amiga scene, other people updated Asm1 or even created completely new versions (Deftronic's Trash'm-One being the most famous/known, he added the "switch between sources with F1-F10" feature which I couldn't live without anymore).
Same thing that happened with SEKA back in the day, as they say, history repeats itself. ;D
In recent years there weren't many updates anymore though.

Quote:
Tested version was 1.48. Is there a newer one ?
Or isn't it one of those debuggers which need an external (parallel or serial) device to display things ?
There is a newer one (v1.49RC2) which you can download here.
The debugger doesn't need an external device. I don't know why it doesn't work on your machine though.

Quote:
It COULD be easier. What are the two "press Escape" for, eh ?
I don't see any use for this command-line stuff and it's constantly coming in the way between editor and assembler.
Escape to switch between editor/command line is logical and I can't see how it could be any easier. And the command line is extremely useful! You can use it to create sintables, read tracks from disk etc pp!

Quote:
I started on devpac 2 and I can't say I like it...
I never liked devpac either even though the actual assembler (genam) is quite ok.

Quote:
But why not doing something like this :
Code:
 ifd _PHXASS_
PHXASS        = 1
 else
PHXASS        = 0
 endc
As said, I want to assemble my code with Asm1 despite being in PHX ass mode. Thus, the _PHXASS_ symbol is not known. I'm using it like this:
Code:
    IFNE    PHXASS

PRINTT        MACRO
        ENDM

MACHINE    68020
    FPU
    ENDC

Quote:
We're fighting for nothing.
I know. But it's fun. :P

Quote:
So, how good is asmpro ?
ASM-Pro also has a lot of problems (it's a resourced ASM1 and was then constantly improved), the 680x0 support is even worse than in ASM1, specially bitfields are a problem. The graphics card support is better than in ASM1 though which is why I'm using it. It also has some other nice features.

Quote:
For help on asm1, I think I pointed you some example code... Could be good to make it asm1 compatible.
I'll see about that when I have a bit time.

Page generated in 0.04953 seconds with 11 queries