View Single Post
Old 09 June 2009, 13:06   #135
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
All right, that's clear. As said I'll check it out.
Ok. Check, mate

Quote:
Okay, I'll test using mono then
Sorry. Only a few stereo streams can be played realtime (and with quality set to low).

Quote:
Yes, I think it's a good idea to send those to me. By the way, I only have high bit rate ones (highest rate).
Check your PM.

Quote:
Yes, but I had only done what I showed you. What I meant was that I want to do a lot more similar optimizations to see how far it can be stretched. As for doing it in the weekend, I didn't have a lot of time, so I couldn't do much. This is the reason I didn't promise anything (I knew there was a good change I wouldn't have much time). However, I've taken this week off, so I have a lot of time this week.
Sounds good.

Quote:
So do I. It let's the user choose what they want easily.
Indeed.

Quote:
Well, I can certainly try to come up with something
A concrete case ?

Quote:
Odd, I thought 256 byte aligning enabled the use of the entire cache. Must be a brain glitch
Maybe. Cache consists of 16 blocks of 16 bytes. I do not know its filling algorithm, cache-overrun timings are mysterious to me. But my tests have shown that if your loop is 240 consecutive bytes or less, it will always fit.

Quote:
Yes, and probably for way to much cash Damn, I really want one.
A quick look won't cost...

Quote:
Hey now, I didn't buy my peecee. The neighbor of a guy at work was going to throw the thing away, so the guy at work took the thing, and ended up giving it to me. Although I've spent money on the machine, I did not buy it
Yeah, sure. But it's going to the dark side anyway

Quote:
X86 is going to end one day, trust me. It makes no sense to stick to it for another 20 years.
It makes no sense, apart making more money out of the unsatisfied users...

Quote:
If it benefits them they might.
I hope I'll see that.

Quote:
Risc is probably not much fun to code in by hand, but I have no experience with that.
Not much fun ? Yeah, it may even make you seriously consider the x86

Quote:
French is practically around the corner, so no, it's not that hard.
Practically. You've already got some experience with my comments anyway :-)

Quote:
I only comment in English. Always have, always will, while Dutch is really my first language.
One day I'll try to comment code in Elfish

Quote:
...25000 is indeed what you set the config to. It works now, and, of course, it sounded much better. Finally
You've setup frequency division to 2 in Hippo. So if you play 44100Hz MP3 (and I bet you do) you'll end up with 22050.
Now you set up an unfair limit of 20000 in DT. So if you play 44.1 MP3 (you do, don't you ?) the player can't use 22050 (yes, 22050>20000 ) and it will switch the freq div to 4, leading to 11025 Hz. And that's really AM radio quality, as you said.
The frequency you give is a limit to compute the freq_div value. Ability to use arbitrary ratios would be overly complex, so only values 1,2,4 are supported.
If you play a 22050 MP3 (there are some), you can play it with freq_div=1, so specifying freq_div directly is not good. I put 25000, but writing 22222 or 28836 would make no difference (for 44100).

Quote:
Because it's not finished. As said, there were only the optimizations I've showed you. I've done a few more last weekend (not much) and I'll do more this week. Witch leads me to a question: Where on earth can I find the macro zmacro? I can't find it!
There is no "zmacro"
If it's "zmac" you're looking for, then it is obsolete. It was my old "multiply-accumulate" macro. No longer used ; see if/endc pairs.

Quote:
If libs: is assigned to ram:. Anyway, I made the script, and it works like a charm with Hippo: Make changes, run scripts, play mp3 in Hippo. That simple
libs: doesn't need to be assigned to ram:. It will work just because it's in the same dir as DT.

Quote:
If this can all be automated, then I have just become interested in Delitracker. Please show me how it's done, or is it in the manual?
If you have a complete DT2 somewhere, then you have an "ARexx" dir showing you examples. I can help too if you have trouble, of course.

Quote:
Not to me, because the filter chops off too many high frequencies, and to me that just sucks.
Yeah, but it would have sucked less than AM radio ;-)

Quote:
Hey man, I was just guessing. Anyway it's all solved now.
It is.

Quote:
I'll just keep going at it.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Nooooo
The mere fact it can't be extended by custom players makes it unsuitable for me.

Quote:
As said, it's solved. And I do think Hippo uses more cpu time
If playing at freq_div=2 where DT uses 4, then certainly

Quote:
No, I can't because I don't have CF cards Besides, I want a pcmcia network adapter. Much better for me.
Cards with Prism2 chip, such as NetGear MA-401, work well. It's just too bad there is no free access point close to my home

Quote:
I'm starting to think that Deli is indeed better than Hippo
Could be much better, but nothing else suits my needs.

Quote:
Yes, always, although at first I couldn't find the used code (for the used settings) in subb_f.s, when I tried to change things I did also use colors. And with the script I've made it's almost not needed anymore.
Not needed anymore, unless you want to see how often something gets called.

Quote:
You were right all a long. It's just that I've had three 1084s and I've always been amazed at how much better a stereo system sounds. Sorry mate
Now it's solved...

Page generated in 0.11754 seconds with 11 queries