View Single Post
Old 31 May 2009, 00:10   #9

The original MSX was quite common in Europe, the trick is finding a nice upgraded later model. Most of the guys that bought those were huge fans of Japanese game cartridge series, so the best bet is to join an MSX community and ask there. (If you haven't already.)

I'm a contributor to, they have eBay links (which are not all-encompassing), but I'll ask them if they're planning to add community links.

I have 3 MSXes and 2 precursors to MSX, but the MSXes are all MSX1. At least for MSX1, the magic is in Konami cartridges in that the zillions of brands are all but the same and all lack hardware registers that could've helped compensate for the cheap hardware.

I left the MSX before MSX2 came, iirc (haven't looked it up) they added memory capabilities and sound channels, maybe some colors, and left out the hardware registers again. (Surrupticiously hinting that the whole series was crap.) If I get in touch with Jonas who took over my MSX column ages ago, I'll check out what the latest ones offer.

But ask Dexther to make a list of MSX2+ names and price with shipping, I think he says he has MSX2+es... I think.

In the meanwhile, you'll have to make do with this,

(I checked the Swedish auction sites for you.)
Page generated in 0.05276 seconds with 9 queries