Thread: Apple Pippen
View Single Post
Old 07 July 2002, 22:56   #5
Give up the ghost
It's an odd site to navigate...I reckon these guys are publishing a book on videogame systems. It was interesting reading their comments on CDTV and CD32. Not terrible assessments, but certainly missing many required details.

This is the page that cracked me up: Collections

and since I mentioned them:

I'm really amazed at how many of these systems I had and just gave away: most of the Ataris, Bally Astrocade, ColecoVison (+ full ADAM extensions), C64, VIC-20, Emerson Arcadia 2001, Fairchild Channel F, Odyssey 2, RCA Studio II, TI-99/4A, TRS CoCo, TG16 - these systems (and many others they are missing from their page) were like falling out of trees in CA thrift stores for mere pennies and my gararge was overflowing with these systems, plus boxes and boxes of cartridges, disks, joysticks/controllers, power supplies, cables, etc.

I remember Pyromania and I went to a Radio Shack one night and tried out one of those VIS systems. Quite unimpressive cack. And I remember seeing them sold in outlet catalogs for $99 with 10 CD's. I seriously considered getting one then just because of the price, but now that I know M$ had a hand in it (in their typical forced entry style), I'm glad I didn't!
Page generated in 0.05886 seconds with 9 queries