View Single Post
Old 30 April 2009, 03:42   #122
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
I happen to think Queen are over-rated crap as well. And I happen to be a trained musician myself! Oh no! I have an opinion!
You have an opinion. That most don't agree with it. An opinion alone doesn't make it a good opinion.

1) you were talking of the "billions" of people who rate mario, now you switch to your arguement being about a handful of reviewers?
Only to counter your argument that its marketing to the ignorant masses that makes some games judged as better.

(2) "professional gaming reviewers" ... lmao. what makes these people more qualified in their opinions than me, you, or anyone else on this board? Oh right, they get paid (inclduing nice little bonuses from Nintendo & friends no doubt) for voicing their opinion
Some may get bonuses. Most do not. I'm talking about a unanimous opinion amongst many multi-format monthly paper mags, daily newspapers, countless internet review sites, all saying the same thing. What makes them more qualified. beacsue if they keep giving good reviews to games that feature bad graphics, have technical flaws, bad game design, their opinions will be disregarded by the gamers, and they would eventully lose their jobs.

Not if i'm using the up-to-jump method, like most amiga games. the 'up' control is one of the 4 directions of the d-pad....

i really wouldnt have thought that needed explaining.

maybe you need to go back and re-read the quote that was being replied to before calling people stupid.
Are you for real???? i am not talking about sticking a joypad into an A1200 and playing a game that has up D-Pad hard coded into the game, as most Amiga games are. I am talking about playing games where the game lets you push a button to jump up. Like SMB. Unlike most Amiga platformers, although you can modify a megadrive/genesis controller to let you do this.

And the same for driving games, with Amiga you have to push up to accelerate, down to decelerate and left and right to turm, all with one wrist action. As opposed to left and right with L thumb, and button down with R thumb to accelerate, thumb off button to de-celerate.

Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Have you ever played Street Fighter 2?
We are discussing platformers here..

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 30 April 2009 at 07:52. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Page generated in 0.05526 seconds with 9 queries