View Single Post
Old 19 April 2009, 18:20   #48
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Woah! Both Lynx and Jaguar were some nice consoles lad Well they lacked the games (and the Jaguar was over-advertised with '64 bit'), but some games are true classics : Tempest 2000, Alien vs. Predator and Defender 2000. What the Dreamcast is to some others, the Jaguar is for me, so better not rant about it
Really?? I'm a bit perplexed to meet a Jag-fan, I must say. But surely you can at least agree that the real 3D titles on the console where of a substandard quality? That 3D flying shooter "the nerd" tried is very daftly coded, it would seem.

Originally Posted by Akira View Post
The Atari Lynx is the portable Amiga of the late 80s.
Devkit made on Amiga, games looking and feeling like Amiga... no question about that, has to be the console that made me think of the Amiga the most.
Hmm, really? I'm surprised so few has voted for the 3DO myself. Since it was mentioned in that interview with one of the Amiga-creators, that when he worked on 3DO he approached it like the Amiga, but more complete. By adding things that they didn't have time or reason to, back in the Amiga days. ( like Memory protection.)

Last edited by Predabot; 19 April 2009 at 19:03.
Page generated in 0.06053 seconds with 9 queries