alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-th View Post
There are no checksums whatsoever.
Good to know.

Quote:
I'm currently converting all texts of the English version into normal text files for easy editing (have done 3 of the 6 files so far; the German version is already complete).
As the "cat is out of the bag" I will release the tools for editing AMB files that I have over the next few days, plus the fixes people had already done.

Quote:
Here's an excerpt of the file I'm currently working on:
The tools I have output these files (albeit without the header).

Quote:
BTW, the conversion is done manually. Reason for this is that there are quite a few problems in these files that can't be easily sorted out by a tool, e.g. string size mis-matches when two strings run into each other without 0-terminator, or missing text blocks.
Sure. The tools I had were just for decrypting, unarchiving, splitting and joining. Not auto-fixing.

Quote:
It would be nice if, eventually, someone would make the English texts "nicer". The German ones contain typos here and there, but all in all they are quite "literally". The English texts are often rough German-to-English translations which actually make me shudder reading them. Any (preferably native) English speakers interested in doing this eventually?
Yeah, I found several of the worst of them (listed previously), some sections (particularly MAP labels) are just not translated at all.

Page generated in 0.06202 seconds with 9 queries