View Single Post
Old 06 April 2009, 14:53   #1
Raised on Superfrog.
Send a message via AIM to MoogleLally
Floppy disk Just got an actual Amiga 500, need advice...

Good morning everyone (or afternoon/evening, depending where you are)!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Hi, my name is Lauren. I'm 24 and I grew up on our Amiga. We didn't have a Nintendo or Sega growing up. I had our Amiga. My Super Mario was Superfrog. My Sonic was Zool 2. Don't ask me how my dad came across the Amiga. We've always lived in the states. And yet, he managed to get the latest Amiga Power mags with the best demos...

Anyway, to the point of registering my account. I've been on the lookout for an Amiga for YEARS and finally, low and behold, a guy is giving away an Amiga 500 on craigslist. "Or it's going in the trash." THE HORROR

I'm set to pick it up this afternoon. He said it works fine, except the return key... But the enter key'll do the same.

I made a list of all the games I want, but it's been a really, really long time since I messed with the hardware. Like 15 years. So do you guys have any suggestions on what I should get to use my Amiga 500? Treat me like the total newb I am. I need all the advice I can get. My dad's said he's going to send me a joystick - he has four of them still - one of the red and black ones with a rapidfire switch (which was cheating, of course).

Any suggestions you could offer would be swell. Thanks in advance!
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.04972 seconds with 9 queries