Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 06 April 2009, 11:50   #176
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
1. you can not reach coordinates 1,1 by boat (incomplete read on 1map_texts)
This is a "missing text block" error which indicates a typo in the script files. I have a fix for this. These errors occur in several places, the whirlpool, Luminors Tower, Beast Cave...

Quote:
13. the 3D view sometimes crashes when you go through doors or secret passages (happens quite often in Luminor tower)
I've only seen that happen in one place, the door to Vladyn in Luminors tower, which is a known (& fixable) script typo.

Quote:
To alexh : you say that there are lots of checksums in the data files but I have never actually seen one. Are they in the compressed data ? Decrunch routines I've seen compute no checksum...
Before / After each text block there is a data block. I think was described to me as a command & checksum for that portion of text. I believe the command section describes font, size, bold, italic etc. but I cannot remember exactly how it works, nor the checksum. Hexaae might know more as he looked into it deeper.

If I remember this correctly:

The AMB files are encrypted.
The unencrypted files are compressed (with the LOB packer).
The uncompressed files are actually multiple files all concatenated together.

The tools I have (not original tools) decrypt, depack and then split each AMB file into many sub-files. These can then be edited in any text editor.

I have another tool which can join the files back together.

Fortunately the Ambermoon exe will load files which have not been compressed/encrypted as no source for the LOB packer exists.

Last edited by alexh; 06 April 2009 at 11:58.

Page generated in 0.05005 seconds with 9 queries