View Single Post
Old 24 February 2009, 15:07   #11
Rakki

Question

Good instructions but I'm confused with partitioning WinUAE. Partitioning fails when reading CF size . Reading threads or manuals didn't helped so far (ok, I know there is answer somewhere but 7 hours of trying and reading should be enough). Only success was completing 1Gb CF drive installation.

Hardware

I have 4GB SanDisk ultra II and problem is that HDToolbox CF reading returns very strange results and creating such 200mb partition as basic configuration seems to be impossible on 4Gb CF. My 4Gb CF is in PCMCIA adapter and adapter is in my laptop. So in other words I'm preparing CF as harddrive for my real A1200 with WinUAE on laptop.

Some things already done:

Hard drive safety check is disabled
"C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -disableharddrivesafetycheck

I used Workbench 3.1 install disk with HDtoolbox -> uaehf.device is selected to HDtoolbox behind icon "Information" menu and replaced scsi.device with uaehf.device.

Tried to read device configuration with HDtoolbox but it returned strange results, see jpg attachments for more details.

Possible reason?

One thing that might cause problems is already created FAT32 partition on CF card. However by some reason I cannot delete the partition with Windows XP disk management tool. Partition deletion is grayed .

Updated installation disk?

Is there ADF installation disk with HDtoolbox that shoud be ok for BIG drives?

thanks ,
Rakki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDtoolbox.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	20428   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDtoolbox_2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	20429