View Single Post
Old 15 February 2009, 13:24   #21
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Dunno about that. Half Life 2, Elder Scrolls (Morrowind/Oblivion), World of War Craft, Eve online etc. etc. far more immersive than anything in the past. These games can eat your life if you let them.
My point here is not total but in MANY respects, i was applying social theory and philosophical BS in typical BS academic fashion. Yes they are immersive but not sure that is due in its entirety to graffix or social aspects, a lot i believe can be a generational and cultural thing - I have played all these obsessively myself, even when alone on silent servers when it comes to WoW, an Conan. I am obsessive when it comes to my games, and 8 bit and 16 bit games have eaten just as much, if not more, of my life than more modern gen ones do currently. In fact I have been playing miggy games a lot more than anything else since xmass. what a geek with a bad hangover

Originally Posted by DrewPee70 View Post
Can I have funding for RCM instead? At least that would benefit a wider audience?
My thoughts are schools, universities etc . . . I have already been approached by a couple of secondary schools in my area about doing a display of some sort as retro computers and older systems are now part of their curriculum.

Sorry - back on topic now . . .

lol, I am in need of funding to play games too. Pubs games and beer funding I will come and help set up for next event and can help in any way you want Drewp. I think what you are doing is very important - more important than the above university project if you ask me

Last edited by pubzombie; 15 February 2009 at 21:49. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.07754 seconds with 9 queries