View Single Post
Old 15 February 2009, 12:56   #19
Thalion Webshrine
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
I argued that new gen games are not as immersive in many respects
Dunno about that. Half Life 2, Elder Scrolls (Morrowind/Oblivion), World of War Craft, Eve online etc. etc. far more immersive than anything in the past. These games can eat your life if you let them.

social aspects of game play such as multi player competition and cooperation are now second place to grafix and special effects budgets - and as a result the playability and longevity of games will suffer.
GFX is important if you are going to make a generation of gamers pay once again for something with almost identical gameplay.

I proposed that Tabula Rassa was dead in the water despite its mass market potential of the internet, and this did not go down at all well with some of the marketing peeps that were there.
Online games are the only way for video games manufacturers to eliminate piracy and make decent profits. I see the majority of big name games going to subscription based online only content within the next few years. Whether the gamers want it or not.

Back to K.E.E.P.

I still think this is all a con to get funding for a University. I bet you that nothing comes of this project at all as they realise the enormity of the task they have taken on and they end up just creating a web page with links to all the existing Emulator websites

Just creating open source hardware for reading all the media they are interested in will take years.
Page generated in 0.06105 seconds with 9 queries