View Single Post
Old 11 June 2002, 04:03   #5
Give up the ghost
Re: 2 games by kalisto on the amiga??

Originally posted by Drake1009
Problem with Kalisto's games were their really pickish system requirements which means it's almost impossible to get them running on a modern PC now (couldn't get breakline running for a while either).

I know Fury of the furries was released for the Amiga, but was S.C.Out or Breakline ever released? S.C.Out was a somewhat puzzleish game which should've had a fair chance of being converted since it's basic gameplay and graphics was simpler than fury of the furries.
A lot of games on the PC (especially back then) were pickish. I don't recall FotF being pickish on the Amiga. Quite the contrary, it was one of the few games that allowed you to choose PAL or NTSC! Their programmers were probably more fluent in Amiga coding and the difficulty getting the games to work on the PC were due to the shortcomings they had to work with (not unlike Cinemaware's adventures in PC game programming in the golden era).

As for S.C.Out having a fair chance at being convrted to the Amiga because of basic gameplay and simple graphics, I'm sure the Amiga would have been up to the task. It was more than likely nothing to do with machine stamina, but the dwindling numbers remaining in the commercial Amiga scene that held those games back.
Page generated in 0.04946 seconds with 9 queries