View Single Post
Old 20 January 2009, 02:28   #59
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

@AmigaFan

I had a sometimes crashing A1200+Blizzard IV which also never crashed in games, but it also passed all the memtests I threw at it. All I did was changed the A1200 it was plugged into, and ALL the problems disappeared, not a single crash since. Same memory, same power supply, same hard drive. It was very strange - getting a secondhand A1200 can turn up who knows how many problems. It could of course have been something like the memory chip not plugged in fully who knows. I even considered overheating here in Oz.

I should mention that it only started crashing when I added the SCSI kit with its own ram (jumper was set to 70ns). I even thought maybe the 128MB SIMM drew too much power or something. To this day I have no idea what the problem was, but I suspect it was the motherboard - some A1200s are sensitive to accelerators although I thought it was more 040/060 rather than the 030.

So yeah, try a different memory stick is one suggestion, and especially make sure both card and memory properly slotted in.

What motherboard revision do you have?

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 11 queries