View Single Post
Old 19 January 2009, 15:05   #41
Originally Posted by sharprm View Post
I wouldn't call it a crusade ... more a futile attempt to persuade a large number of people that they should dispense with their simple understanding of the world and start to think for themselves. There are plenty of smart people there but unless you want to draw realistic art, theres no incentive to try to get the definition changed. If you make simple shaded stuff (or c64 type resticive art) you have an incentive to keep the definition the same.

"Each pixel by hand" is a slogan which that that piece attacked. Apparently thats how you sell things to the masses - use slogans. I just need a better slogan to persuade the people at Pixel joint. It must be simple. It must make them feel smart repeating it. "As long as it would work on an Amiga"?

Anywya, been screwing around with it.

Maybe I should take a shot at the beutiful but not distracting scenery ...
as in many, many fields of human creativity and action, sometimes rules are much needed guides, sometimes they are excuses not to create or act at all, the means for lazyness not to make you grow.
anyway it's in their nature to be discussed, luckyly

the screenshot is cool!
i find it too colourful, but i don't know if my opinion is biased by taste, about the lack of overall unifying tone in the screen.
so i say it is cool that notwithstanding.

instead, about the "beautiful but not distracting" i would say that this is very much better background than the previous purple one: the only thing you could tweak if you liked it, is first level of parallax (ok the term is used inproperly, but you get what i mean, right?)

i think you used 3 tones of grey for that, and i think just two, with a nice patterning of pixels, with the darker one thrown away, would be perfect.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05615 seconds with 9 queries