View Single Post
Old 19 January 2009, 10:28   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Yep I came to the same conclusion, it has been compiled for an 060 chip and therefore runs like a dog on a 030 (I'm actually suprised it runs at all). This is a real shame because it's an awesoem demo and it doesn't look much more demanding than their earlier 030 demos.
This demo was made for 060 ONLY so if you try it to watch on 030 and it runs slow there is nothing much that can be done about it. You wouldn't buy a VW Beetle and expect it to run as fast as a Ferrari F40, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Anway, I've sent off a request to get it WHDLOAD'd, maybe than can recompile the sucker for us poor 030 owners
As Wepl has forwarded your request to me I'm gonna have a look. However, I'll only fix the timing (a.s.o) bugs of the demo. To make it run faster on your 1230 isn't just a matter of "recompiling the demo"! It would require the effects to be totally recoded as 030 and 060 require totally different optimising techniques! To cut a long story short, if you want Rain to run smooth, watch it on 060, as simple as that!

Last edited by StingRay; 19 January 2009 at 10:44. Reason: typo/grammar fixed

Page generated in 0.08185 seconds with 9 queries