View Single Post
Old 11 January 2009, 16:44   #26
Hi folks.

Just an update really....

Well, I have some sort of engine going now with curved platforms in it and it works really well. I have gone for speed rather than accuracy so it is a little glitchy in places at the moment but these should be sorted out with careful design of the map.

Just to clear things up a bit, I am not doing a conversion of the original sonic. I am trying to create a sonic-type game for the Amiga using the original sonic graphics with a little tweaking here and there. I never really liked the original sonic music as I thought it was aimed too much at children - it was too 'kidified' if you know what I mean. I am simply trying to create an engine that I can use for future projects although a sonic-type game is a good starting point because it has all the elements of a good platform game.

Yes, that music is great! Thats the sort of stuff I am looking for. I just love 'chip' music and I think something like that would suit the game very well.

@J tramiel....
If I could program the AGA chipset then doing a proper conversion would be easier because I would have 2 x 4 bitplanes to play with and larger hardware sprites. So at the moment I am limited to using the A500/A600 OCS/ECS chipset I'm afraid. Still, I think I should be able to get some sort of game working O.K. that looks similar to Sonic The Hedgehog.

Well, thats it for now.

Page generated in 0.05184 seconds with 9 queries