Originally Posted by Exl
That's as far as I got, there's 19 offsets + "ENDS" at the very start of it. Can't make heads or tails of the block contents yet though.
With WinUAE's debugger that's reasonably easy (for me!). Good idea.
I don't think the file is packed anyway.
I just checked the editor. Excellent job. I mean it.
I think you could use my item codes to display items like in my viewer. I made the correspondence for all items.
I also checked your engine. It looks great too. Scrolling is a bit strange sometimes, but it's great stuff!
That motivates me even more to let you redo this game yourself, but I'll certainly help:
- rip all AGA sprites/screens I can (I see you've integrated the AGA sprites I sent you)
- finish my RJP replayer (the format of the replayer is pretty much figured out by now, and I'm trying to replay songs like Cannon Fodder first).
- I can help in C/C++ and VB if required too, though I wished you'd use pure C++ for the game itself (for the editor VB is ideal). Maybe I can port your code in C++.
- figure out the last remaining unknown stuff maybe by snooping in the 68k code
BTW 2 ideas:
- all samples can be clearly extracted from in-game songs (extra life, ...) with correct offsets, so no need to rip them from WinUAE (some of them are missing from your archive). I'll extract them as WAV when needed.
- you can guess where the nodes are by locating the node shadow tiles in the map. Works at all levels. Not sure they did like this, but this can be deduced automatically, which is already cool