View Single Post
Old 02 January 2009, 23:12   #7
Sorry! hello to everyone! Yes, I am a new member around here and thank you for the warm welcome

I have only just recently got back into the Amiga and decided to do a bit of programming to see how much I forgot

Anyway, I went away and did a few time tests on some of the standard AMOS commands and functions before I started a new project. Unfortunately, AMOS in itself was just not up to it speed-wise. Then I got into the AMOS assember a little and figured out how much time I could save by just including a few machine code instructions to move the display and the graphics around. Well, the results speak for themselves. I have managed to get all the graphics rendered in less than 1 VBL! on a bog standard A500 (50fps PAL)

O.K. things will start to slow down a little once I have got everything else in there including a proper map. It currently just wraps around.

Anyway, thanks for your comments people and dont forget I need some 'jolly tunes' for the music.

Toodle pip!

Regards, KevG.

p.s. Its amazing what you can do with just 14 colors when you put your mind to it.

Last edited by KevG; 02 January 2009 at 23:17.
Page generated in 0.07847 seconds with 9 queries