View Single Post
Old 13 December 2008, 19:34   #25
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
OT
Also, it is not because YOU secured XP that it is a secure OS. XP computers, with firewalls on and updated antivirus programs, were targeted by two or three massive Trojan waves (SoBig...) worldwide, and this was a premiere in computer history, allowed only by the vulnerable nature of this crappy OS, and I am not even speaking about its amazing infestation with spywares, via IE 6.
/OT
Well I'm using XP since 2001 and NEVER had a virus or trojan on my home computers.
It depends how you protect yourself and specially how do you interact with potential threats by your behavior. I've seen a good deal of seasoned IT managers opening emails and their attachments from unknown sources and just by reading to the subject of the email we all knew that it was a phony. These same IT managers deactivated the update notifications and didn't made any security update for months, because they said that "not updating made the computer faster".

I did see my brother install XP three times in a row, when i told him before that he should install the antivirus before connecting to the internet (sasserworm times).

I think people know but don't care taking some basic security measures.

I use Firefox since ver 0.7. Never liked IE but had to use since was no real alternative.

I use free products for my security besides Zone Alarm Pro. For years AVG + Spybot Search and Destroy + Zone Alarm Pro with the combination of Firefox+NoScript makes my day.

But you have to be proactive with your security, not relying that you OS can make everything for you on that matter.

Page generated in 0.06884 seconds with 11 queries