View Single Post
Old 09 December 2008, 14:27   #11
OT Whore
I dunno how to describe it, but I always felt Sierra didn't have the guts to make some of the situations funny in a way some older/mature business man PC users wouldn't find funny...
Very good point I probably wouldn't have thought about myself!

I think this did hurt me less for the reason that I played them in the 80's and early 90's, when I was a kid....but then, growing up, I had a need for a more mature humor and stuff that I did find in other games, you're perfectly right about that! Sierra always looked like being an ultra-politically-correct company, probably even too much.

I think I remember reading a pretty old Roberta Williams' interview (designer of the KQ series and - correct me if I'm wrong - co-founder of Sierra with her husband Ken Williams?) and she appeared to me like a christian extremist :P well that's probably a bit extreme of myself to say it that way and I'm really not trying to diss anybody's beliefs, but that was just too much about delivering "good and pure values" and that she was totally against Sierra going another way. So long for sarcasm, cynism, dark humor and 3rd degree enthusiasts as I am
Page generated in 0.05277 seconds with 9 queries