View Single Post
Old 03 December 2008, 02:30   #14
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Sure right about that imagination chip.With graphics so good these days of course, nothing gets left to the imagination.It's good and bad i guess but modern games need to grow up so their very archaic design is left where they worked so much better in the past - can't ever remember questioning an Amiga or C64 game like i do for something i see on my 360

Great graphics need more real type action and consequence otherwise those graphically well realised worlds become nothing like as convincing as games like Mercenary

The great graphics of today expose the lack of any advance in other areas basically and that's why the old stuff feels so much more real as a result

One day maybe but so far nothing touches the old games here in terms of your absortion into their world, because there was nothing to suggest anything was really out of place back then -your imagination filled in all the gaps PERFECTLY

Some great stuff from these super machines that i deeply enjoy in fun terms but nothing like as deeply as the captivation regularly had from the older times

Do devs even realise this or is it just too much of a struggle cash wise attempting this much needed advance

Last edited by Adropac2; 03 December 2008 at 18:34.

Page generated in 0.04641 seconds with 11 queries