View Single Post
Old 25 September 2008, 16:09   #28
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I will have a look this evening. Didn't noticed this yet, but didn't had a longer run on the MegaCD version. I don't think that it has FMV though. Maybe I really need to take a longer look
I now played the Sega-CD version of "Shadow of the Beast II" on PSP. At first it seemed to be the first Sega-CD game that wouldn't boot in PicoDrive ("Heart of the Alien" and "Flashback" work fine).
But after checking a "slower, but more compatible"-option SotB2 booted (I could deactivate this option again after it showed the "Psygnosis"-logo).

It has different music. It doesn't sound bad, but the Amiga-soundtrack is vastly superior.

The main sprite looks entirely different and looks like an idiot. Also the "morning star" is smaller and seems to have a slightly shorter range. At least he has quite a few animation frames.

The enemies are like in the Amiga version - the world graphics are also almost identical.

The NPCs that talk to you do so with digitized speech. You don't need to ask them about infos - they'll tell you right away what you need to know (e.g. "lower switch").

I've seen ONE FMV: when you use an elevator-cage there is a (very poor) FMV where you see through the bars of the elevator-cage.

The gameplay seems identical to the Amiga-version. It doesn't seem any easier except for the fact that you have 3 lives instead of just one.

The game works fullspeed on PSP...

I tried "Heart of the Alien". The Intro is awesome. You see lots of the events taking place in "Another World" from Buddy's point of view. Nice. Started playing the game: got killed by the black lion after 5 seconds...

Btw.: On the same disc (iso ) is "Out of this World" (Another World).

I also got "Flashback" for Sega-CD. Instead of the animated polygon-cutscenes of the Amiga-version it has supposedly superior FMVs. But to be honest - these FMVs look like crap...

I now also tried the PS1-version of "Fade to Black" on PSP. The textures aren't that ugly - they're very simplistic which is a good thing. I only solved the first two puzzles and they were nicely done. Doesn't seem so bad - this game.

Currently playing "Silent Hill Orgins" on PSP. Very creepy. After that I'll play through Another World, Heart of the Alien, Flashback and Fade to Black. In that order.
Page generated in 0.05374 seconds with 9 queries