alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznougoud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Quote:
My interpretation, however, is that if you own the Amiga hardware, whatever way you've acquired it (apart from theft), you also hold the license for personal use of WB, and therefore you're fully entitled to download or copy Workbench for use on that particular Amiga.
Not true.
Interesting point. But I would like you to elaborate some.
If you bought the Amiga hardware from new you hold the license for personal use of WB for the version of WB that came with your hardware! In theory if you could prove purchase of an Amiga from new I guess you could legally get away with making your own disks for personal use.

Amiga sold upgrades to WB and Kickstart to existing Amiga owners. It is obvious they meant for people to BUY new licenses.

Quote:
If you've lost the original disks and install Workbench from an ADF, a friends CD or disks, or whatever, there is no legal system in the western hemisphere that could possibly convict you of anything other than exercising your right to use an OS which you have bought and payed for - even if the original transaction has been in the form of bundled hard- and software.
Not strictly true, the license is non transferable so if you've bought a second hand Amiga and it did not come with its copy of WB then you'd be legally obliged to buy a replacement copy (should you want one).

But all this is mute, you can find any copy of every single Kickstart ROM image and Workbench disk image online with Google in under 10 seconds and no-one really cares. This board just has to cover it's ass!

Last edited by alexh; 18 September 2008 at 18:45.

Page generated in 0.04410 seconds with 10 queries