View Single Post
Old 18 September 2008, 15:28   #5
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznougoud View Post
I've noticed that now and then there are those who've somehow purchased or been given an Amiga, but doesn't have the WB-disks with which it was originally shipped. The discussions has often involved where to get these (i.e. purchase) in order not to violate the licensing rights of whatever company that's holding those these days.

My interpretation, however, is that if you own the Amiga hardware, whatever way you've acquired it (apart from theft), you also hold the license for personal use of WB, and therefore you're fully entitled to download or copy Workbench for use on that particular Amiga. Emulators such as WinUAE is of course another discussion entirely.
i'm sorry to say that this is a moot point:

protection of the buyer in regards to having the object he bought working in every part as intended in the license (which is agreed when buyer perfects the transactions) regards solely an object bought as new through licensed dealer, and it covers solely a period of time stated in the contract or stated by current laws, which is not eternal in any way.

this is not the case of Amiga since a dozen of years.

why, you buy a second hand tv in the flea market and then you call sony pretending it fixes it for free?

however... this has been discussed ad nauseam. the rules here are these, period.

Page generated in 0.07399 seconds with 10 queries