View Single Post
Old 23 August 2008, 14:10   #311
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
if i dont LOCK the hard disk when the x2.6 is disable it attempts to load msdash, however fails to a service required screen...when the hdd is locked it works perfectly.
Like anyone ever disables their modchips ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
The reason I want to lock the HD is simply for when my daughter wants to use Xbox live & she needs to Boot the Xbox with the 2.6 modchip disabled.
Sure. Take care though. Even with the modchip off, without enough research as to what you have installed onto C:/ and E:/ you will almost certainly be banned the instant you go on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
One final Question when locking the HD with the Xecuter Bios active, where does it get the eeprom data from so that when the HD is locked & the modchip is disabled the std M$ BIOS is happy to use the Locked HD ?
Erm..the EEPROM perhaps? The software that runs on the xbox to lock hard drives usually sets the password by reading the HDD key from the EEPROM and using it to lock the drive. Some tools also set a secondary master password to "TEAMASSEMBLY" just in case your xbox breaks and you do not know your EEPROM HDD key.

Last edited by alexh; 23 August 2008 at 15:59. Reason: Non!

Page generated in 0.05111 seconds with 9 queries