View Single Post
Old 13 August 2008, 08:39   #14
Yeah Hup!

Originally Posted by vk4akp View Post
HI, OK yea thanks for the offer on the catweasel.

But I think I'm going to hold out for a brand new'ie in September.

If you want PM me your price though just for the fun of it. If it's cheap enough you never know you might twist my arm.

Apparently the current stock they are seller are `safety' stock, which means they have been re-worked most likely by hand and some IC's changed.

So personally I'd like a nice new factory soldered one for cosmetic's.

Also the next batch can't be made into a `low profile card'. I'm not really sure what this means. Perhaps the extra smaller backplane bracket isn't included? Who knows. If so I'm sure this could be procured at a later date. But if the actual card it's self is higher / larger I might be re-thinking the whole thing myself again.

With PC's traditionally getting smaller and smaller this is most likely a bad choice if they have changed the actual card size.

But will wait and see, hopefully there will be pictures and a better explanation on what the new stock is.

My card is brand new, sealed in box, if I pm'd a price it'd be what I paid for it.... You can maybe see the price on the AK website. I'm not desperate to sell it... Funnily enough I bid for one on ebay that ended up going for more than $US200, one of the other regulars put it up. Once I missed it I took a look on amigakit and he had new stock cheaper than the used card on ebay.

The card I opened and installed didn't have the lower profile backplane, and the card was brand new, no evidence of reworking. Perhaps I grabbed it before the "safety-stock" release???
Page generated in 0.05188 seconds with 9 queries