View Single Post
Old 07 August 2008, 11:39   #3
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Hi,

Here are a few informal guidelines I can think of to get a Patcher WHDf'ying such and such game.
  • Try the generic slave (just in case)
  • Gather information Patchers themselves need about the game
    (knowing whether the game is dos or not, whether it's rare or not...)
  • Try to explain why such game should be discovered or rediscovered, having in mind 20 years or so have passed since its first outing
  • Indicate to the Patcher which of his slaves you are using

Here is a wild guess about the chances one might get an answer for any SPS'd game requested via pm :
Codetapper : 50%
Bored Seal : 30%
JOTD : 15%

The answer may be evasive, these people are busy professional coders, most of the time, and are involved in numerous time-consuming projects.
This said, I don't think any of them will let someone down if they don't have a good reason to do so.

"Reasonable" insistence, is a bit hit and miss. As in real life, members of a Team don't work as fast as one another, patience is the key virtue.

Only "apprentice Patcher" I know of is Hungry Horace. There might be others.

The above advice is for the people that keep posting blindly about requests to choose their "champion", instead of simply applying the redundant "pm Psygore" suggestion (which I did by the way, not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also, to my knowledge :
  • SPS and WHDload heartedly receive donations from Amiga gamers
  • The people who have registered WHDload can send their remarks / complaints at wepl

Last edited by NewDeli; 08 August 2008 at 01:13.

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 11 queries