View Single Post
Old 02 August 2008, 09:34   #77
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Once everything loaded it did took ~5 min to backup eeprom, copy it to memory unit (nice way to additionaly secure it) install mod and setup networking.
Good for you. I told you it was easy.

Quote:
I will have to decide to either create original configuration and then apply softmod or to add already modded C and E drives.
I always create original configuration and then re-softmod. Why? Mainly because I could never be bothered to learn how to use the PC tool Ndure 3.1 OR the tweak which reveals your REAL C: for FTP instead of the virtual one.

NOTE: FTP access to xbox C: whilst running Ndure softmod accesses the virtual C: drive and so you are copying the original configuration and NOT copying any of the softmod files!

Quote:
(I didn't install XBMC yet)
I always use XBMC as the dashboard. Download XBMC and unRAR. FTP the XBMC dir over to the xbox to E:/APPS/ directory.

Then go to _tools (on the PC) and rename "SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe" and "SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg" to default.xbe and default.cfg respectedly. Edit default.cfg and make sure that the path matches yours E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

Now FTP the two files over to the xbox to E:/dashboard (you might want to move the files which are already there to E:/APPS/UnleashX).

Now is the butt clenching moment as you reboot and fingers crossed you've got XBMC in front of you!

Quote:
Also, if is there a problem to use XBMC and AutoInstall Deluxe DVD?? (which I didn't download yet )
I've not used any of the Autoinstaller / Slayers for a LONG LONG time... they are always out of date and tend to screw up every now and again... I much prefer to use #xbins and manually install everything.

The program on the PC that will become your best friend will be Qwix by TeamAVALaunch, the best tool for transferring X-box ISO images to the X-box. Even includes FTP acceleration when used with the AVALaunch FTP server (just load AVALaunch from XBMC before FTP).

The program on the X-box that will become your best friend (apart from XBMC) will be DVD2XBOX which rips games from disc to hard drive.

Last edited by alexh; 02 August 2008 at 09:58.

Page generated in 0.05799 seconds with 9 queries