View Single Post
Old 26 July 2008, 06:22   #12
Vegetable Lasagna
Originally Posted by Sune Salminen View Post
I bet there are similar carts available for the C64 though.
Not exactly. The equivalent device would be something like the now discontinued MMC64 or its successor, the MMC Replay. From them you can launch most cartridge images (crts).

By the way, anyone that finds the Behr-Bonz of interest may be also be interested in a far more advanced cartridge called the VIC-20 MegaCart (that webpage is quite out of date, I'll see if I can't get it updated this weekend). The cartridge will cost closer to $100 Canadian dollars which include a custom cartridge case with label art and a full colour printed box and should be available in the next few weeks.

The big difference is that it has 200+ games (every game ever released on cartridge for the VIC-20 which includes everything in the Behr-Bonz) as well as dozens of other games, applications, programming languages, utilities, demos and more. It can also function as any of the RAM expansion cartridges released for the VIC-20 from 3K to 32K, has a built-in reset button and non-volatile memory. Oh, and it automatically adjusts for use in either a PAL or NTSC VIC-20. I'm really just scratching the surface here. I'll explain more if there's any interest.
Page generated in 0.14788 seconds with 9 queries